Recipe type: Main Meals
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 200g button mushrooms
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh grated turmeric, or powdered if fresh is unavailable
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- Pinch of high quality salt, unrefined & pepper to taste
- Optional to serve
- 1 tbs coriander, parsley or fried sage leaves
- Add 2-3 tbsp of pouring cream and simmer gently. Use as a topping for grilled chicken
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add turmeric and ginger and stir until fragrant.
- Add spring onions and cayenne pepper (if using) and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir thoroughly coating them completely in the spice ghee.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on hot buttered toast, or as an accompaniment to a breakfast dish.