Spiced Apple with Dates and Dry Roasted Walnuts
The tartness of the Granny Smith apples with the sweetness of the dates and the crunch of the dry roasted walnuts makes this a taste sensation for breakfast. Top it with a nut butter crumble and brown in an oven and serve with a dollop of double cream or yoghurt for a tasty warm winter desert.
Recipe type: Sweet Treats.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cardamom pod, crushed
- 1 clove
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 1 small piece broken star anise
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp dry roasted walnuts
- Heat ghee in a small saucepan.
- Add whole spices and cook for a minute until aromatic.
- Add apple and dates and coat lovingly with the spiced ghee.
- Add orange juice and powdered ginger.
- Cover and cook gently for five minutes.
- Serve topped with dry roasted walnuts.
- Sit down and enjoy the spiced, warmed, ghee coated fruit in a mind space of loving gratitude!