Mixed Vegetable Koftas
Recipe type: Main Meals
- 1 small potato, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 cup shredded cabbage, spinach or kale
- 1 cup broccoli, grated
- 1 cup cauliflower, grated
- ¼ of a red onion, grated
- equal parts chickpea and self raising flour to bind
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp high quality salt, unrefined & pepper to taste
- Ghee for frying
- Mix the grated and shredded vegetables together and add turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Add just enough flour to bind the vegetables and spices together. Better not to over flour.
- Take small amounts and squeeze out any excess liquid and roll into small balls.
- Do this with all of the mix while ghee is heating.
- Give another gentle squeeze and when ghee is hot place them gently into hot ghee.
- Cook for around 5 - 8 minutes and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve with tomato based sauce, sprinkled with coriander.